Are your rewards achievable and enticing?
Most ambassadors will scope out rewards as soon as they get on the platform to see what their goals are. If the goals seem unreachable based on how they can earn points, some ambassadors will leave. Here are some ways to improve your rewards:
- How many tickets or products do you have to sell to get one in return? Generally, 2-4 is a good range that is achievable for most ambassadors. Higher than this can turn off some ambassadors!
- Do you offer smaller rewards? Some ambassadors may not be sure if they can sell enough tickets to earn a ticket. Having smaller rewards (Merchandise, parking passes, drink vouchers, etc.) can give them an achievable backup if they aren’t confident.
- Do you offer rewards “money can’t buy”? This is a great way to entice ambassadors who otherwise might skip over the program. If money isn’t a concern to them, or the reward tickets aren’t that expensive to buy, many ambassadors won’t see the value in selling just to get a comp. Offering exclusive rewards they cannot get anywhere else is a great way to overcome this! Examples:
- Meet and greet with the artist
- Backstage access
- Take a selfie on stage
- Autographed memorabilia
- Exclusive experiences
- Social media mentions & features
- Branded materials
Are you giving your ambassadors enough opportunity?
Time is money, right? For ambassadors, this cannot be truer. The more time an ambassador has to sell tickets, the more tickets they can sell! Here are some ways to ensure they have the best chance:
- When can we start selling? Your ambassadors should able to start promoting each event as soon as it goes on sale or your products when they're available!
- Do you offer your ambassadors the best discount available? If someone can find a better discount somewhere else the ambassadors lose their edge. The discount should be good enough to convert someone on the fence into a sale!
Are you maximizing your ambassadors' social media reach?
Ambassadors, by their nature, have large social followings. SocialLadder gives you a unique way to maximize your ability to leverage this. Here are some ways to get the most out of their social reach.
- Are your ambassadors announcing new events? A social media share challenge should be published along with each new event to allow your ambassadors to let their whole following know the event is happening and they have the hookup!
- Are social media challenges frequent enough? Providing at least one social media challenge once a week for each event keeps the ambassadors engaged and excited to sell, while letting their followers know they have the hookup!
- Are your challenges engaging? Nobody likes to be spammy. Sharing out a lineup announcement is cool, but sharing the same thing every week gets dull and boring. Having challenges that engage the ambassadors and their friends to like and comment on their post create a unique User-Generated Advertising you just can’t get anywhere else. Examples:
- Post a picture of the last time you saw the headliner!
- Share your favorite experience at our venue!
- Are you providing Vanity Codes? Vanity codes let Ambassadors build up their following around a single reusable code that can span events and venues. This is a unique way to tie in an ambassador’s social reach and social media challenges by including their unique code on every challenge they complete!
Have you maximized your pool of ambassadors?
New ambassadors are out there. They just don’t know about the program! Here are some ways to ensure your program grows and reaches its potential:
- Did you email your mailing list? Sending an email to your mailing list to announced or remind them of your ambassador program is a great way to get people who already follow your events to join the program! You can also append a small reminder at the end of your regular emails!
- Did you mention it on your website? Many people might find a show online and end up on your website. Advertising the ambassador program here is a great way to get people to join! Example:
- Join our ambassador program and you could win free tickets and more to all of our events!
- Did you mention it in your ticket shops? Just like your website, many people will end up on your ticket shops to purchase tickets. Having a link to join the ambassador program here is a great way to get new ambassadors you never would have known about!
- Do you hand out physical flyers or have posters at the event? Sometimes friends buy tickets for the whole group. Someone might have gotten to the event without ever seeing a ticket shop or website for it. Handing out flyers near the entrance or having a poster hanging nearby are great ways to let them know they can earn free tickets!