This article will take you through the steps to create notifications in the portal. The notifications will be sent to your user's phones as a push notification & direct them to your program in-app.
Notifications are a great one-way channel for communication between you & your users. These notifications can be used to share information to ambassadors such as important announcements, required challenges, new rewards, and more.
These notifications can be scheduled to go out at specific times so that ambassadors are always up to speed with what’s going on with your brand or event.
Creating Your Notifications
From your account home screen, click into the “Notifications” menu category. Select “+CREATE” from the top left corner and a message screen will pop out. This pop-out will include the details for you to create your notification including the name, text, scheduled date, notification type, and more. We’ll go into these in more detail below and how to use them.
What are all of these fields and how should I use them?
- Notification Name: This is where you input the name you’d like to have associated with the notification. This can be something general or specific!
- Notification Text: This is the message that will be shown in the app to ambassadors directly. Try to be clear but concise about the message that you’re sending. This should be related to the call to action below (or notification type) and information that will guide ambassadors to click through to the next step.
Ex: Today’s the last day to sell discounted tickets! Share your personal link with your friends now
- Scheduled Date: This is the date and time in which you’d like the ambassadors to receive the notification in the app. Depending on the option that you chose for the notification type below, the scheduled date & time selected can be used as a reminder for ambassadors to take a look at a specific action, challenge, reward, feed, etc.
- Notification Type: This is the call to action This dropdown list will show you options where the notification prompt will take ambassadors. Ex.
Select promo code (for Eventbrite accounts only): This notification will direct ambassadors to create their own unique promo code for ticket selling to share with their friends.
My personal info (for applicable accounts): This notification will direct ambassadors to a page in the app that hosts personal profile information regarding your program (ie: team lead, contact information, etc.). This is related to the Custom Fields feature and you can find more information about that in this article here.
My event listing page (for applicable multi-event accounts): This notification will direct ambassadors to a page that hosts their unique link for several events that they are able to sell tickets for.
External Web: If you select this option, you can add a web link to the notification text so that when ambassadors click the notification, they are taken to an external web page.
Internal Web: If you select this option, you can add a web link to the notification text so that when ambassadors click the notification, a web page will open directly in the SocialLadder app.
Challenge: The notification will direct ambassadors to a specific challenge. Here there is a drop down menu of the current challenges that are live for you to select.
Challenge List: The notification will direct ambassadors to the full challenge list.
Reward: The notification will direct ambassadors to a specific reward. Here there is a drop down menu of the current rewards that are live for you to select.
Reward List: The notification will direct ambassadors to the full rewards list.
Settings: The notification will direct ambassadors to their SocialLadder app settings.
Feed: The notification will direct ambassadors to a specific feed image, that may have more information about an initiative, longer message, or detailed info about your program. Here you will enter in the feed ID (which you can find when you click into each individual feed in the “Feeds” tab).
Topic: The notification will direct ambassadors to a specific topic or discussion in the feeds section of your program.
Score: The notification will direct ambassadors to their “Points” tab to show them their total score in the program.
- Select A Segment (for applicable accounts): If you are looking to target different groups of your ambassadors, use this option to select which ambassadors receive the notification.
- Add A Campaign: If you have multiple events, activations, or campaigns for your brand, use this tag to group this specific notification and other actionable items together.
Once you have added all of the information above, click on either “Save as Draft” to save your information and publish later, or “Save + Activate” to schedule and publish the information.
Saving & Activation Notifications, Seeing Past Notifications
After Saving + Activating your notification, click into the “Current” tab under Notifications and you’ll find the details of the notification that you have scheduled out.
To see past notifications that you’ve created, click on the “Past” tab.
For any other questions about this feature, make sure to reach out to your Customer Success Specialist!
For any other questions about this feature, you can use the Submit a Request button at the top of this page, click on the blue chat icon at the bottom of the Admin Web Portal to activate the chat feature, or reach out to your dedicated Customer Success Specialist to learn more!